Paula Deen Bites Back at Anthony Bourdain
- Photo: Crisler/Retna Digital1 of 19
- Photo: Travel Channel/Promotional2 of 19
- Photo: CS5/Wonderwall3 of 19
- Photo: David Becker/Getty Images North America4 of 19
- Photo: Promotional5 of 19
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: MMX KWP STUDIOS INC. / Rachael Ray/Promotional8 of 19
- Photo: Retna Ltd.9 of 19
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com10 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com11 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.13 of 19
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.14 of 19
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: Terrence Jennings/Retna Digital16 of 19
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: WireImage.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
"The worst, most dangerous person to America is clearly Paula Deen," according to Anthony Bourdain, who lashed out at the Southern comfort food show host in TV Guide recently. He added: "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is f------ bad for you ... plus, her food sucks."
RELATED: Paula Deen Twitterview
Deen was not amused.
“Anthony Bourdain needs to get a life," she fired back in the New York Post on Friday. Deen went on to defend the other food show hosts who Bourdain had targeted, speaking out on behalf of Rachael Ray, Sandra Lee and Guy Fieri.
RELATED: Paula & More Celebs at Prom
"You don't have to like my food, or Rachael's, Sandra's and Guy's. But it's another thing to attack our character. I wake up every morning happy for where I am in life. It's not all about the cooking, but the fact that I can contribute by using my influence to help people all over the country. In the last two years, my partners and I have fed more than 10 million hungry people by bringing meat to food banks."
In the same TV Guide interview, Bourdain had suggested Ray has become irrelevant ("does she even cook anymore?") and talked trash about Fieri ("I look at Guy and I just think, 'Jesus, I'm glad that's not me'") and Lee ("“I hate her works on this planet").
Sticking up for all of them, Deen told the Post: “My good friends Rachael, Guy and Sandra are the most generous charitable folks I know. They give so much of their time and money to help the food-deprived, sick children and abandoned animals. I have no idea what Anthony has done to contribute besides being irritable."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite