Paula Deen fired by Food Network; contract not renewed
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Brian Killian/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Matthew Perry's 'Odd Couple' Pilot Casts Thomas Lennon as FelixMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Michael Wolff Report of $100 Million Loss at Daily Beast/Newsweek 'Wildly Inaccurate&apMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 4:08:00 PM
- TV Land's 'Soul Man' Season Premiere to Simulcast Live on BET, CentricMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 3:57:00 PM
- Garrett Hedlund's Captain Hook Finds His Smee in 'Four Lions' Star Adeel MSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 3:36:00 PM
- Reno 911 Alum Thomas Lennon to Star Opposite Matthew Perry in Odd Couple PilotMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 3:31:00 PM
- Matthew Perry's 'Odd Couple' Pilot Casts Thomas Lennon as Felix
It looks like Food Network isn't accepting Paula Deen's apology. In the wake of the 66-year-old celebrity chef's racial slur scandal, a spokeswoman for the network released a statement on Friday, June 21, announcing that she's been fired.
"Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month," a Food Network spokeswoman said in a statement to Us Weekly.
Deen came under fire after admitting last month under oath in a deposition to using racial slurs -- including the N-word -- in the past. After bailing last minute from a scheduled appearance on the "Today" show on Friday to address the scandal, Deen released two video apologies on YouTube.
"I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press say that we are. I've spent the best of 24 years to help myself and others. Your color of skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me," she said in the second, less rambling message. "I am here to say that I am so sorry. I was wrong, yes. I've worked hard and I've made some mistakes. But that is no excuse."
Deen offered her "sincere apology" and said it "comes from the deepest part of my heart."
The Emmy-winning star began working for the Food Network in 1999.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley, Theo James and more from the cast of "Divergent" talk about their tough roles and what they learned.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite