Paula Deen fired by Food Network; contract not renewed
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Brian Killian/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The Strain' Review: Del Toro Makes Reinventing Vampires Look EasyMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Does Katherine Heigl Regret Leaving Grey's Anatomy? MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 12:59:00 PM
- World Cup: Germany, Argentina Scoreless After First Half in FinalMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 12:50:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Addresses Whether She's Difficult, After Some DifficultyMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 12:50:00 PM
- NBC Execs Talk Cosby, 'Hannibal,' and Not Griping About EmmysMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 11:50:00 AM
- 'The Strain' Review: Del Toro Makes Reinventing Vampires Look Easy
It looks like Food Network isn't accepting Paula Deen's apology. In the wake of the 66-year-old celebrity chef's racial slur scandal, a spokeswoman for the network released a statement on Friday, June 21, announcing that she's been fired.
"Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month," a Food Network spokeswoman said in a statement to Us Weekly.
Deen came under fire after admitting last month under oath in a deposition to using racial slurs -- including the N-word -- in the past. After bailing last minute from a scheduled appearance on the "Today" show on Friday to address the scandal, Deen released two video apologies on YouTube.
"I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press say that we are. I've spent the best of 24 years to help myself and others. Your color of skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me," she said in the second, less rambling message. "I am here to say that I am so sorry. I was wrong, yes. I've worked hard and I've made some mistakes. But that is no excuse."
Deen offered her "sincere apology" and said it "comes from the deepest part of my heart."
The Emmy-winning star began working for the Food Network in 1999.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDad Duty
From Crowd Ignite