Paula Deen Shows Off Significant Weight Loss
- Photo: People/Promotional1 of 8
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Brian Killian/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Food Network star Paula Deen is showing off a noticeably slimmer figure on the latest cover of People magazine, and she reveals that she's already lost 30 pounds since announcing she'd been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January.
"It took me a couple of years to get to this point," she tells the magazine. "If you make a few small changes, they can add up to big results."
But one big change has been cutting out her favorite "trigger foods" such as mashed potatoes, and embracing a newfound love for such healthier fare as Greek salads and baked fish.
"I'm redoing the way my plate looks," she told "Entertainment Tonight" in May. "I'm doubling up on salad or vegetables and putting smaller portions of carbs and all that. I try to walk 30 minutes a day."
Deen, who's been criticized for her often decadent, high-calorie recipes, admits to adopting a whole new attitude when it comes to food.
"I do think differently now" about food, she says. "I'm more aware."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite