Paula Deen Shows Off Significant Weight Loss
- Photo: People/Promotional1 of 8
- Photo: Mr Blue/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Brian Killian/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Adds 'Prison Break' Star Robert KneppMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:52:37 AM
- Pantelion, Indomina Media Partner in Multi-Film Production DealMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:33:22 AM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Finale Death Shocker Caps a Brutal SeasonMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:32:19 AM
- President Obama Selfie Photographer Sets the Record Straight: 'Photos Can Lie'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:10:47 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013
Food Network star Paula Deen is showing off a noticeably slimmer figure on the latest cover of People magazine, and she reveals that she's already lost 30 pounds since announcing she'd been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January.
"It took me a couple of years to get to this point," she tells the magazine. "If you make a few small changes, they can add up to big results."
But one big change has been cutting out her favorite "trigger foods" such as mashed potatoes, and embracing a newfound love for such healthier fare as Greek salads and baked fish.
"I'm redoing the way my plate looks," she told "Entertainment Tonight" in May. "I'm doubling up on salad or vegetables and putting smaller portions of carbs and all that. I try to walk 30 minutes a day."
Deen, who's been criticized for her often decadent, high-calorie recipes, admits to adopting a whole new attitude when it comes to food.
"I do think differently now" about food, she says. "I'm more aware."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite