Paz de la Huerta: 'Everyone in my family is a bit of an exhibitionist'Related: Celeb Spotlight
- Photo: Henry S. Dziekan III/GettyImages.com1 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Josephine Santos/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 7
- Photo: Abbot Genser/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
Paz de la Huerta has made headlines lately for her mostly nude scenes in "Boardwalk Empire" and her drunken sloppiness after the Golden Globes. And luckily for us, Wonderwall caught up with the much-buzzed-about actress at Fashion Week during the Diesel Black Gold Fall Winter 2011 runway presentation in New York. See what Paz had to say about being an exhibitionist, her love for fashion and how Zac Posen befriended her in junior high.
Wonderwall: You are in your birthday suit pretty often on "Boardwalk Empire." Are you just totally comfortable with your own nudity?
Paz de la Huerta: If it's for a scene … you know, if I'm filming … I'll do it. No problem. I mean it's like art. I feel like we all have flaws, and I embrace mine. I have a big scar on my back, and I'm still fine with my body. You shouldn't have to focus all your attention on having to look a certain way. That's the way I was raised. My mother was a super-feminist and worked hard for women's rights around the world. She let me know I wasn't defined by just my body. And everyone in my family is a bit of an exhibitionist. I've always felt very free. And I was sick as a child, so I had to learn to be comfortable in my own body.
WW: How did the Lucy role come about? Did you expect for it to be such a big hit?
Paz: I auditioned for the part and I was cast. I worked very hard for the role. Many a girl wanted this role. My business is so competitive, so many girls auditioned for that role. I continue to work very hard on the role.
WW: What part of yourself do you bring into your role as Lucy?
Paz: Everything I do, I have to bring out aspects of myself [for] that role. It's just like I have to channel whichever emotion I am feeling at any given moment into the character. You always have to be honest as an actress -- it's a way of manipulating what you're feeling at any given moment and making it work for the scene. I still go to acting classes. It's like if you play the guitar, you need to always practice playing the guitar. If you're an actress, you need to practice. I go to yoga as part of my practice. It keeps my heart open. And you have to be very healthy; you have to drink lots of water to take care of yourself and body [because] it's your only instrument as an actress.
WW: What we can expect from the new season of "Boardwalk Empire"?
Paz: We are about to start the second season and it will be full of surprises, especially in Lucy's life, but I can't tell you what.
WW: What do you think is more "Paz," acting or modeling?
Paz: I'm an actress to the heart. Even when I'm modeling I have to create a story, create a scene. I become the character. I do it with the photographer to make it real for me.
WW: Tell us about your friendship with Zac Posen. You've known each other since you were kids?
Paz: We met in high school. Actually, he was in high school and I was in seventh grade. I was this awkward little skinny thing, and I only wore leopard print, and he became my first friend. He was like, "You're cool, and I want to be your friend." And this was at a time in my life when I really needed a friend. I really wanted a friend, and Zac became that person. I felt very alone. He's like my brother, my heart.
WW: You're also Zac's muse. What's harder: walking the runway or dressing for an awards show?
Paz: I would say movie premieres or award shows. You have to worry about hair and makeup getting done. And you got to choose the right dress. You have to hope that people like it and that you make a statement. And when you show up for a modeling job, you just have all that done for you. And you have all your beauty sleep and you're not stressing.
WW: Speaking of makeup, is it true that you always match your lipstick to your dress?
Paz: That's such utter bulls---. I just wear whatever lipstick I feel looks good at the time. I'm not going to wear a green dress and wear green lipstick. No, that's not true. I don't know where that came from.
WW: How do you feel about the viral video of you being slightly inebriated post-Golden Globes?
Paz: That's not going to happen again. You know, we all have moments. It was 5 a.m., everyone was totally wasted and they just happened to be following me with a camera. And I learned a big lesson to not ever drink on an empty stomach again.
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite