People: Jesse James seeks professional help
- Photo: Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Billy Tompkins/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Named Forbes' Highest-Paid Actor AgainMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn to Moderate Nat Geo's Comic-Con Panel (EMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film Festival
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Jesse James reportedly is seeking professional help to deal with "personal issues" after a cheating scandal that has put his nearly five-year marriage to Sandra Bullock on the line.
His representative told People magazine in a statement Tuesday that James "realized that this time was crucial to help himself, help his family and help save his marriage."
RELATED: See more Sandra Bullock photos
The representative did not specify the type of treatment facility, but other news outlets are reporting that James will receive treatment for sex addiction at the Sierra Tucson center, which treats a variety of addictions and forms of depression, according to its Web site.
While representatives for Bullock have not yet commented, Radar Online reports that she did not ask James to get help, but that it was his idea. The celebrity site also claims that James still hopes to avoid divorce.
Bullock was on a career high that culminated with an Oscar win for "The Blind Side" just before Internet rumors of James' infidelity surfaced.
The two walked hand-in-hand down Oscar's red carpet, celebrated together at the parties afterward and were photographed outside a Long Beach burger joint the day after the awards.
A call placed to James' representative after business hours Tuesday was not immediately returned.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite