PETA slams Naomi Campbell over elephant party plans
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.2 of 20
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: LTA/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: L. Busacca/WireImage8 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: Gina James/Retna Ltd.10 of 20
- Photo: Tony Clark/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet12 of 20
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet13 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN14 of 20
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin15 of 20
- Photo: Paul Hurschmann/AP/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.16 of 20
- Photo: BG/Bauer-Griffin17 of 20
- Photo: ecorazzi.com/.18 of 20
- Photo: SB2/ZOB/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'The Good Wife' Review: Legal Drama Ditches the Grief for Dynamic StorytellingMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Jessica Chastain's 'Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Stumbles in SpecialtyMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New York
Execs at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have taken aim at Naomi Campbell over reports she is planning an elephant polo match in India to celebrate her boyfriend's 50th birthday, branding the supermodel "clueless."
Campbell and her Russian billionaire partner Vladimir Doronin are planning to mark the milestone next week with a lavish bash attended by family and friends. Guests are reportedly due to take part in several adventure sports, including an elephant polo tournament - but the party plans have angered PETA chiefs.
Spokeswoman Benazir Suraya has branded the star "clueless" and adds, "Constantly kept in chains, elephants used for polo are driven insane and exhibit signs of immense frustration, including repetitive swaying, rocking and head-bobbing. The chains also result in painful wounds and pressure sores, which often become infected."
RELATED: Hottest Bikini Bodies: 40 and Over
Suraya tells Britain's Daily Telegraph the organization wants to see the beauty and her boyfriend rethink their plans. She adds, "We will urge Naomi Campbell to immediately withdraw her plans to organise this cruel 'sport' and instead work with PETA to promote elephant protection in the country.
RELATED: Celebs Who've Aged Gracefully
"PETA will also meet officials at Animal Welfare Board of India and the Wildlife Department to [urge them to] refrain from issuing any permission to allow this event."
It has also been reported that Campbell has asked Diana Ross to perform at the bash in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite