PETA slams Naomi Campbell over elephant party plans
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.2 of 20
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: VPB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: LTA/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: L. Busacca/WireImage8 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: Gina James/Retna Ltd.10 of 20
- Photo: Tony Clark/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Gtres/Fame Flynet12 of 20
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet13 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN14 of 20
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin15 of 20
- Photo: Paul Hurschmann/AP/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.16 of 20
- Photo: BG/Bauer-Griffin17 of 20
- Photo: ecorazzi.com/.18 of 20
- Photo: SB2/ZOB/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' Debuts at No. 3 at Japanese Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:11:57 AM
- 'Dude, You're Screwed' Peek: How a Speedo Becomes Handy in the Arctic (ExMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 10:00:27 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Box-Office Opening is Coen Brothers' Best EverMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:01:30 AM
- 'Frozen' Skates Past 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 8:01:53 AM
- Oscar Isaac, Michael B. Jordan and Brie Larson Among Santa Barbara Fest's New HonoreesMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:53 AM
- Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' Debuts at No. 3 at Japanese Box Office
Execs at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have taken aim at Naomi Campbell over reports she is planning an elephant polo match in India to celebrate her boyfriend's 50th birthday, branding the supermodel "clueless."
Campbell and her Russian billionaire partner Vladimir Doronin are planning to mark the milestone next week with a lavish bash attended by family and friends. Guests are reportedly due to take part in several adventure sports, including an elephant polo tournament - but the party plans have angered PETA chiefs.
Spokeswoman Benazir Suraya has branded the star "clueless" and adds, "Constantly kept in chains, elephants used for polo are driven insane and exhibit signs of immense frustration, including repetitive swaying, rocking and head-bobbing. The chains also result in painful wounds and pressure sores, which often become infected."
RELATED: Hottest Bikini Bodies: 40 and Over
Suraya tells Britain's Daily Telegraph the organization wants to see the beauty and her boyfriend rethink their plans. She adds, "We will urge Naomi Campbell to immediately withdraw her plans to organise this cruel 'sport' and instead work with PETA to promote elephant protection in the country.
RELATED: Celebs Who've Aged Gracefully
"PETA will also meet officials at Animal Welfare Board of India and the Wildlife Department to [urge them to] refrain from issuing any permission to allow this event."
It has also been reported that Campbell has asked Diana Ross to perform at the bash in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite