Phillip Phillips Leaves Hospital After Kidney Surgery
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 3
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com/WENN2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Phillip Phillips is officially on the mend.
Four days after undergoing surgery to address serious kidney problems, the Season 11 "American Idol" champ has been released from a California hospital. "I'm out of the hospital and back to work!" the Georgia-born crooner, 21, told E! News late Monday. "Looking forward to the future."
Born with only one functioning kidney, Phillips largely hid his medical issues from the public during his time on the FOX reality hit. "He [was] in a lot of pain constantly," a source told Us Weekly after Phillips' win, "but he'd hate anyone to feel sorry for him, and never wanted to be popular because of it. He's amazing."
TMZ reports that Phillips will recuperate at a Malibu, Calif., mansion owned by an exec on "Idol" before embarking on the show's summer concert tour, which kicks off July 6 in Detroit.
"If I can sing with all those kidney stones in me, I can make the first date," Phillips told TMZ.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Phillip Phillips Leaves Hospital After Kidney Surgery
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite