Phillip Phillips Post-Surgery: 'I'm recovering really well ... I'm taking it easy'
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E NetworkMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:33:14 AM
- CBS Orders Mark Burnett, Roma Downey Miniseries 'Dovekeepers'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:26:31 AM
- 'Suits' Returning to USA Network Thursdays as Lead-in for Denis Leary Comedy &MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:15:54 AM
- 'Home Alone' Star Macaulay Culkin Sings About Pizza Now (Audio)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:02:59 AM
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:47:30 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E Network
Reporting by Heather Newgen
What a whirlwind of a month it has been for 21-year-old "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips. After being crowned the show's latest victor, he underwent surgery to treat his severe kidney stones. Now that this Georgia peach is on the mend, Phillips caught the Los Angeles premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man," where he talked to Wonderwall all about his recovery and his excitement over the "Idol" summer tour.
Wonderwall: I understand you're going on tour soon. Tell me about that.
Phillip Phillips: Yeah, the tour kicks off July 6, and it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a lot of different kinds of music all throughout the show. I'm excited to jam out with the guys up onstage.
WW: How are you feeling after your surgery? Are you well enough to go out on the tour?
PP: Yeah, I'm feeling really well. I'm taking it easy, and also I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done -- you know, the album and everything. I'm trying to push myself, but also take it easy.
WW: Are your doctors freaking out about the tour? Do they want you to lay low a little bit longer?
PP: Not really. I'm recovering really well -- a lot better than they thought. They said to do what I can, but don't overdo it.
RELATED: Who Said It? 'American Idol' edition
WW: Do you think the surgery was more emotionally draining or physically?
PP: A little bit of both. It was a lot more complicated than they thought so it's a little bit of both.
WW: But you look so well. What's your trick to recovering so quickly?
PP: I have no idea. I'm trying to eat as much as I can. I love food, so I'm trying to gain some weight back.
Get out the vote
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite