Phillip Phillips Post-Surgery: 'I'm recovering really well ... I'm taking it easy'
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Reporting by Heather Newgen
What a whirlwind of a month it has been for 21-year-old "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips. After being crowned the show's latest victor, he underwent surgery to treat his severe kidney stones. Now that this Georgia peach is on the mend, Phillips caught the Los Angeles premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man," where he talked to Wonderwall all about his recovery and his excitement over the "Idol" summer tour.
Wonderwall: I understand you're going on tour soon. Tell me about that.
Phillip Phillips: Yeah, the tour kicks off July 6, and it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a lot of different kinds of music all throughout the show. I'm excited to jam out with the guys up onstage.
WW: How are you feeling after your surgery? Are you well enough to go out on the tour?
PP: Yeah, I'm feeling really well. I'm taking it easy, and also I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done -- you know, the album and everything. I'm trying to push myself, but also take it easy.
WW: Are your doctors freaking out about the tour? Do they want you to lay low a little bit longer?
PP: Not really. I'm recovering really well -- a lot better than they thought. They said to do what I can, but don't overdo it.
RELATED: Who Said It? 'American Idol' edition
WW: Do you think the surgery was more emotionally draining or physically?
PP: A little bit of both. It was a lot more complicated than they thought so it's a little bit of both.
WW: But you look so well. What's your trick to recovering so quickly?
PP: I have no idea. I'm trying to eat as much as I can. I love food, so I'm trying to gain some weight back.
Get out the vote
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Crowd Ignite