Phillip Phillips Post-Surgery: 'I'm recovering really well ... I'm taking it easy'Related: Celeb Spotlight
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/AP3 of 9
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hitman Drama 'Salvo' Wins Critics' Week Prize at CannesMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:36:33 PM
- A&E Cancels 'Intervention'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:30:06 PM
- Breakup Fee for Rythym & Hues Stalking-Horse Bidder Approved (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:29:16 PM
- Jon Favreau, Giancarlo Esposito Team Up for Much-Hyped 'Destiny' Videogame TrailerMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:26:44 PM
- eOne Picks Up Princess Diana Biopic Starring Naomi WattsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 12:08:23 PM
- Hitman Drama 'Salvo' Wins Critics' Week Prize at Cannes
What a whirlwind of a month it has been for 21-year-old "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips. After being crowned the show's latest victor, he underwent surgery to treat his severe kidney stones. Now that this Georgia peach is on the mend, Phillips caught the Los Angeles premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man," where he talked to Wonderwall all about his recovery and his excitement over the "Idol" summer tour.
Wonderwall: I understand you're going on tour soon. Tell me about that.
Phillip Phillips: Yeah, the tour kicks off July 6, and it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a lot of different kinds of music all throughout the show. I'm excited to jam out with the guys up onstage.
WW: How are you feeling after your surgery? Are you well enough to go out on the tour?
PP: Yeah, I'm feeling really well. I'm taking it easy, and also I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done -- you know, the album and everything. I'm trying to push myself, but also take it easy.
WW: Are your doctors freaking out about the tour? Do they want you to lay low a little bit longer?
PP: Not really. I'm recovering really well -- a lot better than they thought. They said to do what I can, but don't overdo it.
RELATED: Who Said It? 'American Idol' edition
WW: Do you think the surgery was more emotionally draining or physically?
PP: A little bit of both. It was a lot more complicated than they thought so it's a little bit of both.
WW: But you look so well. What's your trick to recovering so quickly?
PP: I have no idea. I'm trying to eat as much as I can. I love food, so I'm trying to gain some weight back.
Get out the vote
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite