Phillip Phillips Post-Surgery: 'I'm recovering really well ... I'm taking it easy'
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 7 Breakout Movie Stars of Fall 2014 From a 'Gone Girl' to a 'Maze RunnerMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 12:19:00 AM
- Aaron Paul Announces 'Breaking Bad' Los Angeles Scavenger HuntMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 12:06:00 AM
- 'Big Brother': Kathy Griffin Joins Zingbot to Roast Remaining HouseguestsMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 11:16:00 PM
- Henry Cavill's Superman Costume on Display in New 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of JustMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:02:00 PM
- CW's 'iZombie' Recasts Mom, Casts 'Devious Maids' Star MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:02:00 PM
- 7 Breakout Movie Stars of Fall 2014 From a 'Gone Girl' to a 'Maze Runner
Reporting by Heather Newgen
What a whirlwind of a month it has been for 21-year-old "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips. After being crowned the show's latest victor, he underwent surgery to treat his severe kidney stones. Now that this Georgia peach is on the mend, Phillips caught the Los Angeles premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man," where he talked to Wonderwall all about his recovery and his excitement over the "Idol" summer tour.
Wonderwall: I understand you're going on tour soon. Tell me about that.
Phillip Phillips: Yeah, the tour kicks off July 6, and it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a lot of different kinds of music all throughout the show. I'm excited to jam out with the guys up onstage.
WW: How are you feeling after your surgery? Are you well enough to go out on the tour?
PP: Yeah, I'm feeling really well. I'm taking it easy, and also I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done -- you know, the album and everything. I'm trying to push myself, but also take it easy.
WW: Are your doctors freaking out about the tour? Do they want you to lay low a little bit longer?
PP: Not really. I'm recovering really well -- a lot better than they thought. They said to do what I can, but don't overdo it.
RELATED: Who Said It? 'American Idol' edition
WW: Do you think the surgery was more emotionally draining or physically?
PP: A little bit of both. It was a lot more complicated than they thought so it's a little bit of both.
WW: But you look so well. What's your trick to recovering so quickly?
PP: I have no idea. I'm trying to eat as much as I can. I love food, so I'm trying to gain some weight back.
Get out the vote
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite