Police Chiefs Investigated for Breaking Into Home of SJP's SurrogateRelated: Sarah Jessica Parker
- Photo: HFPA/Retna Ltd.1 of 6
- Photo: AP2 of 6
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital3 of 6
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:08:58 PM
- Carole King Hits D.C. for Gershwin Salute MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:03:12 PM
- Zac Efron Will Get Busted With Cocaine in Fox's 'Narc'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:00:27 PM
- Universal's 'Endless Love' Hitting Theaters on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:47:06 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive Producers
Two police chiefs are under investigation for breaking into the Ohio home of Sarah Jessica Parker's surrogate mother to sell information a tabloid, Usmagazine.com has learned.
While not confirming specific details, Harrison County prosecutor Shawn Hervey tells Us: "The case revolves around a break in in Martins Ferry [County]. The matter is currently under investigation by the Ohio Attorney General's Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification."
Hervey is awaiting a report from the head of investigation before "deciding if charges are appropriate," he says. He expects to receive it within three weeks.
A law enforcement source tells Us the two police chiefs, reported as Chief Barry Carpenter of Martins Ferry and Bridgeport Chief Chad DoJack by local WTRF news, broke into the woman's home in May seeking information they could sell to a tabloid. The tabloid turned them into authorities after discovering how the material was obtained.
Carpenter told local WTOV station: "I'm 100 percent innocent in this and my department is as well."
Meanwhile, the surrogate mother of Parker and Matthew Broderick's unborn twin girls "packed up and left town," the law enforcement source tells Us.
Broderick's publicist, Simon Hall, said in a statement: "Matthew and Sarah Jessica have complete faith in the legal system. But because it's a criminal investigation, we will not be making any more comment. What I can say is the entire family looks forward to the healthy delivery of their daughters later on this summer."
More on Wonderwall
More on UsWeekly
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite