Police release Shannen Doherty's 911 call
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: NBC/Promotional/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Spelling Television/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: USMagazine9 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Seventeen11 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: FOX/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
Brenda saves lives?
Shannen Doherty took matters into her own hands last month -- placing a call from Los Angeles to a 911 dispatcher in Westhampton, NJ, in the hopes of helping a possibly suicidal fan on Twitter.
TMZ posted the audio clip of the call on Dec. 9, in which the worried "Beverly Hills, 90210" actress, 41, immediately acknowledges the bizarre nature of her cross-country call.
"This is going to sound incredibly strange," Doherty is heard saying, "My name is Shannen Doherty, and I'm an actress and there is a girl who is threatening to shoot herself."
Doherty explained to the dispatcher that the fan, an unnamed 27-year-old woman, had sent her direct Twitter messages claiming she would commit suicide if Doherty didn't give her a phone call.
"I'm completely untrained to deal with somebody threatening suicide," Doherty admits during the call. "It's been an undoing thing and my security guys told me to block her, because she's aggressive and does very erratic things . . . I felt bad for her to be honest."
The "Shannen Says" star then follows the dispatcher's instruction, tweeting the fan to get her home address.
"I would love it if you guys would just call back and let me know," she asked.
The dispatcher, naturally, couldn't help but gush just a little over the famous caller.
"All my coworkers can't believe I'm on the phone with you!" the operator admitted toward the end of the call.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite