Porsha Stewart on Kordell divorce: 'Thank you for your prayers'
- Photo: Instagram/.1 of 5
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional2 of 5
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Brian Ach/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Porsha Stewart is getting her prayer on. By all accounts, the 31-year-old "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was not prepared when husband Kordell Stewart filed for divorce last week after less than two years of marriage. "Thank you for your prayers," Porsha tweeted on Tuesday afternoon, several hours after the news hit. Via instagram, she posted an inspirational, spiritual poster about how she's coping. "Difficult moments, seek God," the image reads. "Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God."
"She was 100 percent completely blindsided. Friends are trying to contact her but she's not picking up her phone or returning texts," a source told Weekly previously.
Indeed, Stewart's rep acknowledged as much in a statement. "Mrs. Stewart had held off on filing for a divorce herself and remained committed to the marriage because Mr. Stewart promised to work on the marriage with her," the rep said. "Instead, he misled her and she found out about the filing in the media. Mrs. Stewart hopes to resolve these personal issues privately with the support of her family, friends and strong faith."
Adds the source: "Her whole identity is about being a happy, obedient wife," the pal continues. "The other women criticized her for not having a backbone but she was like, 'A real marriage is about honoring your man, your king.' She is really upset."
Stewart is even getting support in her time of need from her erstwhile foe, Kenya Moore. "I can't say I was shocked -- we all knew they had some problems going on. [Kordell] didn't show up at the reunion," Moore, 42, told TMZ. "It's unfortunate either way. You never want to see couples breaking up. [Maybe] they can iron some things out in their relationship. Maybe they can still make it work."
The former Miss USA added that she "sent her a message. I know we've had our differences, but I don't want to see anyone in pain."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite