Porsha Stewart on Kordell divorce: 'Thank you for your prayers'
- Photo: Instagram/.1 of 5
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional2 of 5
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Brian Ach/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Porsha Stewart is getting her prayer on. By all accounts, the 31-year-old "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was not prepared when husband Kordell Stewart filed for divorce last week after less than two years of marriage. "Thank you for your prayers," Porsha tweeted on Tuesday afternoon, several hours after the news hit. Via instagram, she posted an inspirational, spiritual poster about how she's coping. "Difficult moments, seek God," the image reads. "Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God."
"She was 100 percent completely blindsided. Friends are trying to contact her but she's not picking up her phone or returning texts," a source told Weekly previously.
Indeed, Stewart's rep acknowledged as much in a statement. "Mrs. Stewart had held off on filing for a divorce herself and remained committed to the marriage because Mr. Stewart promised to work on the marriage with her," the rep said. "Instead, he misled her and she found out about the filing in the media. Mrs. Stewart hopes to resolve these personal issues privately with the support of her family, friends and strong faith."
Adds the source: "Her whole identity is about being a happy, obedient wife," the pal continues. "The other women criticized her for not having a backbone but she was like, 'A real marriage is about honoring your man, your king.' She is really upset."
Stewart is even getting support in her time of need from her erstwhile foe, Kenya Moore. "I can't say I was shocked -- we all knew they had some problems going on. [Kordell] didn't show up at the reunion," Moore, 42, told TMZ. "It's unfortunate either way. You never want to see couples breaking up. [Maybe] they can iron some things out in their relationship. Maybe they can still make it work."
The former Miss USA added that she "sent her a message. I know we've had our differences, but I don't want to see anyone in pain."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite