Portia de Rossi takes wife Ellen Degeneres' name
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: Jason Winslow / Splash News/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:13:00 AM
- Non-Fiction Producers Association Adds 14 Production Companies to RanksMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:01:00 AM
- Controversial MLB Player, Amazing Race Twins Join the Survivor: San Juan del Sur CastMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Ticks Up, NBC Tops TuesdayMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Jasper Johns' former assistant pleads guiltyMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:30:33 AM
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Portia de Rossi has officially taken wife Ellen DeGeneres' last name.
A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner granted de Rossi's request to take the last name of her partner during a closed hearing Thursday. The television star will now legally be known as Portia Lee James DeGeneres.
The couple married in August 2008. The 37-year-old Australia-born actress asked for the name change last month.
Neither woman attended the hearing. They married during the five-month window in which gay marriage was legal in California.
Portia DeGeneres is well-known for her roles on several television series, including "Ally McBeal," "Arrested Development" and "Better Off Ted."
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite