Portia de Rossi takes wife Ellen Degeneres' name
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: Jason Winslow / Splash News/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Portia de Rossi has officially taken wife Ellen DeGeneres' last name.
A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner granted de Rossi's request to take the last name of her partner during a closed hearing Thursday. The television star will now legally be known as Portia Lee James DeGeneres.
The couple married in August 2008. The 37-year-old Australia-born actress asked for the name change last month.
Neither woman attended the hearing. They married during the five-month window in which gay marriage was legal in California.
Portia DeGeneres is well-known for her roles on several television series, including "Ally McBeal," "Arrested Development" and "Better Off Ted."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite