Pregnant Claire Danes: My Belly Is the Size of a Soccer Ball
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jennifer Buhl/Pacific Coast News2 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: ST/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Kennedy Center Honors Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine, Carlos SantanaMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:13:20 AM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Alive and Relatively Well in 'Sherlock' Season 3 InteractiMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:11:08 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of Series
Claire Danes has always been slender, but now that she's several months pregnant, "It's getting to the point where I'm looking a little knocked up," the actress joked on "Live! With Kelly and Michael" on Sept. 4. Danes then compared the size of her baby bump to a "soccer ball."
The New York-based actress, 33, and her husband, actor Hugh Dancy, 37, announced their baby news July 4. Since then, Danes has been hard at work on the second season of Showtime's smash series "Homeland."
For now, at least, cameramen have been able to hide Danes' pregnancy curves. "I've been pretty fortunate thus far. We're in the middle of filming our second season and luckily we've been able to conceal it," Danes revealed. "They haven't written it in, but they'll be able to manipulate it in post and do some CGI trickery and make [my character] Carrie not so pregnant."
Danes and Dancy, who tied the knot in 2009, are keeping their child's gender a secret for now. "It is a human being, which is a profound relief," the actress teased.
As they prep for the arrival of their firstborn, Danes has another big event to look forward to: The Primetime Emmy Awards, airing live on Sept. 23. "Homeland" received nine nominations, with Danes snagging a nomination for outstanding lead actress in a drama series.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite