Pregnant Claire Danes: My Belly Is the Size of a Soccer Ball
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jennifer Buhl/Pacific Coast News2 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: ST/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Claire Danes has always been slender, but now that she's several months pregnant, "It's getting to the point where I'm looking a little knocked up," the actress joked on "Live! With Kelly and Michael" on Sept. 4. Danes then compared the size of her baby bump to a "soccer ball."
The New York-based actress, 33, and her husband, actor Hugh Dancy, 37, announced their baby news July 4. Since then, Danes has been hard at work on the second season of Showtime's smash series "Homeland."
For now, at least, cameramen have been able to hide Danes' pregnancy curves. "I've been pretty fortunate thus far. We're in the middle of filming our second season and luckily we've been able to conceal it," Danes revealed. "They haven't written it in, but they'll be able to manipulate it in post and do some CGI trickery and make [my character] Carrie not so pregnant."
Danes and Dancy, who tied the knot in 2009, are keeping their child's gender a secret for now. "It is a human being, which is a profound relief," the actress teased.
As they prep for the arrival of their firstborn, Danes has another big event to look forward to: The Primetime Emmy Awards, airing live on Sept. 23. "Homeland" received nine nominations, with Danes snagging a nomination for outstanding lead actress in a drama series.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest fashion mistakes celebs made in 2012.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite