Pregnant Kim Kardashian wants to be more private
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: Getty Images North America2 of 8
- Photo: Jennifer Mitchell/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Mike Ridewood/Getty Images North America5 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 8
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
NEW YORK (AP) -- As the tabloids speculated about whether Jessica Simpson is expecting again (she is) and the media zeroed in on Kate Middleton's acute morning sickness, Kim Kardashian says it was nice to be out of the media spotlight during the early stages of her pregnancy.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
"I'm obviously so happy for them, but if anything I loved the privacy," the 32-year-old reality TV star said in an interview Wednesday.
That bit of privacy went out the window when Kardashian's boyfriend, Kanye West, revealed during a Dec. 30 concert in Atlantic City, N.J., that they are expecting their first child together.
Now that the word is out, Kardashian says her motherly instincts have made her pull back from being so open about her personal life.
"I think that definitely kicks in where you're like, 'OK, I have to go in protect mode,' and as ironic as it sounds, you live your life on a reality show, but then when you grow up ... certain things change your life that make you want to be more private, and this is definitely one of them."
RELATED: Best and worst beach bods
The couple went public with their relationship in March.
Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in August 2011, and their divorce is not finalized.
West rarely grants interviews, and the 35-year-old rapper is the yin to the Kardashian family's "out there" yang. Kim says she is somewhat influenced by West's approach.
"When you spend time with someone, you learn things from them, so I see what (his) views are in wanting to be private, so that's a choice we make together as a family -- just in how we're gonna raise our kid," she said. "... But my personal experience of having really open relationships on the show, I've done that, and for me, I feel like I got really scrutinized when people didn't maybe understand my decisions at some point, so I feel like, after that experience, I've become more private, more so than just like Kanye's views or anything."
Kardashian is due in July.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
A new season of her reality show with her sister Kim, "Kourtney & Kim Take Miami," premieres Sunday on E! (9 p.m. EST).
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite