Princes William, Harry 'Kept in the Dark' About Queen Elizabeth's Olympic James Bond Stunt
- Photo: Richard Young/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Gouhier-Guibbaud/Abaca/StarTraks2 of 15
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA3 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: MARC GIDDINGS THE SUN/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Tim Hales/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/startraksphoto.com/StarTraks9 of 15
- Photo: WENN10 of 15
- Photo: John Stillwell/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 15
- Photo: WENN13 of 15
- Photo: SUZANNE PLUNKETT/Reuters14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'iZombie' Co-Creator Rob Thomas Explains Why He Pulled Pilot Screening From Comic-MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 1:19:00 PM
- ICM Partners Snags Steve Alexander From ResolutionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Sam Raimi announces planned 'The Last of Us' filmMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:13:14 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make EveryonMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- 'iZombie' Co-Creator Rob Thomas Explains Why He Pulled Pilot Screening From Comic-
No one was more surprised to see Queen Elizabeth II parachute down into the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympic Games than her own grandsons.
Prince William and Prince Harry revealed in a new interview with BBC Friday that they had no clue their grandmother was participating in the July 27 sketch.
"Both of us were slightly surprised with our grandmother's secret hobby of parachuting," Harry joked. The 86-year-old queen showed off her comedic side in a pre-taped video with Daniel Craig, 44, as James Bond. In the hilarious clip, the duo left Buckingham, boarded a helicopter and -- switching to live cameras -- parachuted into the Olympic Stadium. (Both The Queen and Craig used stunt doubles, of course.)
"We were kept completely in the dark about it, that's how big the secret was," William, 30, explained. "Harry got a sniff of a rumor on the night and the rumor mill was going into overdrive."
"But, in fact, she did such a good performance that she's been asked to star in the next Bond film," he joked. "I'm thrilled for her."
Another Olympic Games highlight for the brothers so far? Watching their cousin Zara Phillips become the first member of the British royal family to win an Olympic medal. Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne, took home the silver medal on Tuesday in the Olympic equestrian eventing.
"We as cousins are very, very proud," Harry, 27, said. The cheeky prince also added that his 31-year-old cousin was working "so hard" for the Games that "it now explains why we never get to see her because she is always riding."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Princes William, Harry "Kept in the Dark" About Queen Elizabeth's Olympic James Bond Stunt
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite