Princes William, Harry 'Kept in the Dark' About Queen Elizabeth's Olympic James Bond Stunt
- Photo: Richard Young/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Gouhier-Guibbaud/Abaca/StarTraks2 of 15
- Photo: Tim Rooke/Rex USA3 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: MARC GIDDINGS THE SUN/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Tim Hales/AP7 of 15
- Photo: APL/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Michael Dunlea/startraksphoto.com/StarTraks9 of 15
- Photo: WENN10 of 15
- Photo: John Stillwell/AP11 of 15
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin12 of 15
- Photo: WENN13 of 15
- Photo: SUZANNE PLUNKETT/Reuters14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box Office
No one was more surprised to see Queen Elizabeth II parachute down into the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympic Games than her own grandsons.
Prince William and Prince Harry revealed in a new interview with BBC Friday that they had no clue their grandmother was participating in the July 27 sketch.
"Both of us were slightly surprised with our grandmother's secret hobby of parachuting," Harry joked. The 86-year-old queen showed off her comedic side in a pre-taped video with Daniel Craig, 44, as James Bond. In the hilarious clip, the duo left Buckingham, boarded a helicopter and -- switching to live cameras -- parachuted into the Olympic Stadium. (Both The Queen and Craig used stunt doubles, of course.)
"We were kept completely in the dark about it, that's how big the secret was," William, 30, explained. "Harry got a sniff of a rumor on the night and the rumor mill was going into overdrive."
"But, in fact, she did such a good performance that she's been asked to star in the next Bond film," he joked. "I'm thrilled for her."
Another Olympic Games highlight for the brothers so far? Watching their cousin Zara Phillips become the first member of the British royal family to win an Olympic medal. Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne, took home the silver medal on Tuesday in the Olympic equestrian eventing.
"We as cousins are very, very proud," Harry, 27, said. The cheeky prince also added that his 31-year-old cousin was working "so hard" for the Games that "it now explains why we never get to see her because she is always riding."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Princes William, Harry "Kept in the Dark" About Queen Elizabeth's Olympic James Bond Stunt
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite