Producer: Jesse James, Kat Von D Had a 'Fairy-Tale Love Story'
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 12
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 12
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BT1/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: WP#ZOJX/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
She had even said yes to the dress.
"She designed a wedding dress," Gil Lopez, executive producer of "LA Ink," tells Us Weekly, noting that eight episodes of the show's new season (Thursdays at 10 p.m. on TLC) follow the couple's whirlwind romance.
"We were really able to document what to all of us involved in the story is a fairy-tale love story," Lopez explained. "We really got full access from the moment they got engaged [in January 2011] and how Jesse asked her father and how he proposed, to all the way through her looking for wedding dresses, [talking] to designers about wedding dresses. She was in love, madly in love."
One episode gets into depth about Von D's ribcage tattoo with a likeness of James, 42, as a child. "We had [Jesse] come in for the surprise reveal. It was a great moment. ... He was blown away. He said, 'I'm so shocked. I feel like I'm in court.'"
Also on the show: The 29-year-old star's hunt for the dress. "She designed a wedding dress," Lopez said. "She asked her clothing designers to help her design a wedding dress. We get the wedding story. ... She goes down to Baja, and she and Jesse talk about this being the location they want to get married in."
How is Von D doing now? "She's bumming," Lopez said, explaining that their long-distance relationship drove a wedge between them. "They were both in love. There was the unfortunate distance that tears things apart, but she really tried and gave it all. ... She really committed to it. Like anybody, if you're going to go on an eight- or nine-month journey and fully commit to someone, when it ends, it's tough. She's got a great attitude."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite