Producer: Jesse James, Kat Von D Had a 'Fairy-Tale Love Story'
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 12
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 12
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BT1/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: WP#ZOJX/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Emmy Rossum, DreamWorks Animation Highlight Carmel International Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 2:42:00 PM
- 'The View' Hits 3-Year Viewership High With Season Premiere WeekMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 2:16:00 PM
- Rosie O'Donnell on Her 'View' Co-Host Nicolle Wallace: 'There IsMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 1:53:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISIS
She had even said yes to the dress.
"She designed a wedding dress," Gil Lopez, executive producer of "LA Ink," tells Us Weekly, noting that eight episodes of the show's new season (Thursdays at 10 p.m. on TLC) follow the couple's whirlwind romance.
"We were really able to document what to all of us involved in the story is a fairy-tale love story," Lopez explained. "We really got full access from the moment they got engaged [in January 2011] and how Jesse asked her father and how he proposed, to all the way through her looking for wedding dresses, [talking] to designers about wedding dresses. She was in love, madly in love."
One episode gets into depth about Von D's ribcage tattoo with a likeness of James, 42, as a child. "We had [Jesse] come in for the surprise reveal. It was a great moment. ... He was blown away. He said, 'I'm so shocked. I feel like I'm in court.'"
Also on the show: The 29-year-old star's hunt for the dress. "She designed a wedding dress," Lopez said. "She asked her clothing designers to help her design a wedding dress. We get the wedding story. ... She goes down to Baja, and she and Jesse talk about this being the location they want to get married in."
How is Von D doing now? "She's bumming," Lopez said, explaining that their long-distance relationship drove a wedge between them. "They were both in love. There was the unfortunate distance that tears things apart, but she really tried and gave it all. ... She really committed to it. Like anybody, if you're going to go on an eight- or nine-month journey and fully commit to someone, when it ends, it's tough. She's got a great attitude."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite