Producer: Jesse James, Kat Von D Had a 'Fairy-Tale Love Story'
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 12
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 12
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BT1/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: KH1/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: WP#ZOJX/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- Horror Movie 'Inner Demons' Acquired by IFC MidnightMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Tried to Settle Michael Egan Sex Abuse Lawsuit for $100,000 (Report)MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- CW to Honor Dogs With Glitzy Awards ShowMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:35:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest Quarter
She had even said yes to the dress.
"She designed a wedding dress," Gil Lopez, executive producer of "LA Ink," tells Us Weekly, noting that eight episodes of the show's new season (Thursdays at 10 p.m. on TLC) follow the couple's whirlwind romance.
"We were really able to document what to all of us involved in the story is a fairy-tale love story," Lopez explained. "We really got full access from the moment they got engaged [in January 2011] and how Jesse asked her father and how he proposed, to all the way through her looking for wedding dresses, [talking] to designers about wedding dresses. She was in love, madly in love."
One episode gets into depth about Von D's ribcage tattoo with a likeness of James, 42, as a child. "We had [Jesse] come in for the surprise reveal. It was a great moment. ... He was blown away. He said, 'I'm so shocked. I feel like I'm in court.'"
Also on the show: The 29-year-old star's hunt for the dress. "She designed a wedding dress," Lopez said. "She asked her clothing designers to help her design a wedding dress. We get the wedding story. ... She goes down to Baja, and she and Jesse talk about this being the location they want to get married in."
How is Von D doing now? "She's bumming," Lopez said, explaining that their long-distance relationship drove a wedge between them. "They were both in love. There was the unfortunate distance that tears things apart, but she really tried and gave it all. ... She really committed to it. Like anybody, if you're going to go on an eight- or nine-month journey and fully commit to someone, when it ends, it's tough. She's got a great attitude."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite