Rachael Leigh Cook pregnant with first child
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Starbux/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
The best is yet to come! Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies are expecting a baby this fall, the couple tells Us Weekly exclusively. This will be the first child for the actors, who tied the knot on Aug. 14, 2004.
Cook, 33, is currently filming the second season of TNT's "Perception," which returns with all-new episodes on June 25. "I've been hiding my rapidly growing bump while shooting but this kiddo is vying for screen time," says the actress, who plays special agent Kate Moretti. "We clearly have a future actor on our hands."
Says Gillies, "A lot of people are asking whether I'd prefer a boy or a girl. In truth, it doesn't matter to me -- I just can't wait to meet little Keanu Robocop."
In addition to prepping for the arrival of their firstborn, the stars are also gearing up for the May 15 premiere of Showtime's "Broken Kingdom." Directed and produced by Gillies (who appears in the film with Cook, Darren Le Gallo and Seymour Cassel), "Broken Kingdom" features two interwoven narratives told from the perspectives of a street girl, a writer, a day-care teacher and a university student. A documentary chronicling the making of the drama, "Kingdom Come," premieres the same night.
As if that weren't enough, Gillies has another reason to count his blessings. The CW recently ordered a full season of "The Vampire Diaries" spinoff, "The Originals," after airing its backdoor pilot episode Apr. 25. The 37-year-old will reprise his role as Elijah Mikaelson. Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin will also appear on the new series.
Kingdom Come premieres May 15 at 7:00 p.m. on Showtime; Broken Kingdom airs one hour later. The Vampire Diaries' fourth season finale airs Thursday, May 16, at 8:00 p.m. EST.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite