Rachael Leigh Cook pregnant with first child
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Starbux/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Adds 'Prison Break' Star Robert KneppMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:52:37 AM
- Pantelion, Indomina Media Partner in Multi-Film Production DealMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:33:22 AM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Finale Death Shocker Caps a Brutal SeasonMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:32:19 AM
- President Obama Selfie Photographer Sets the Record Straight: 'Photos Can Lie'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:10:47 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013
The best is yet to come! Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies are expecting a baby this fall, the couple tells Us Weekly exclusively. This will be the first child for the actors, who tied the knot on Aug. 14, 2004.
Cook, 33, is currently filming the second season of TNT's "Perception," which returns with all-new episodes on June 25. "I've been hiding my rapidly growing bump while shooting but this kiddo is vying for screen time," says the actress, who plays special agent Kate Moretti. "We clearly have a future actor on our hands."
Says Gillies, "A lot of people are asking whether I'd prefer a boy or a girl. In truth, it doesn't matter to me -- I just can't wait to meet little Keanu Robocop."
In addition to prepping for the arrival of their firstborn, the stars are also gearing up for the May 15 premiere of Showtime's "Broken Kingdom." Directed and produced by Gillies (who appears in the film with Cook, Darren Le Gallo and Seymour Cassel), "Broken Kingdom" features two interwoven narratives told from the perspectives of a street girl, a writer, a day-care teacher and a university student. A documentary chronicling the making of the drama, "Kingdom Come," premieres the same night.
As if that weren't enough, Gillies has another reason to count his blessings. The CW recently ordered a full season of "The Vampire Diaries" spinoff, "The Originals," after airing its backdoor pilot episode Apr. 25. The 37-year-old will reprise his role as Elijah Mikaelson. Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin will also appear on the new series.
Kingdom Come premieres May 15 at 7:00 p.m. on Showtime; Broken Kingdom airs one hour later. The Vampire Diaries' fourth season finale airs Thursday, May 16, at 8:00 p.m. EST.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite