Rachael Leigh Cook pregnant with first child
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Lionel Cironneau/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Starbux/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- 'A Haunted House 2' Review: Less Terrible, Still TerribleMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:08:00 PM
- Saturday Night Live to Air 40th Anniversary Special in 2015MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:54:00 PM
- Amy Poehler Promises 'Very Exciting Last Moment' in 'Parks and Rec&apMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:33:00 PM
- Shakira to Perform New Single 'Empire' on 'The Voice'MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 12:11:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in Cleveland
The best is yet to come! Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies are expecting a baby this fall, the couple tells Us Weekly exclusively. This will be the first child for the actors, who tied the knot on Aug. 14, 2004.
Cook, 33, is currently filming the second season of TNT's "Perception," which returns with all-new episodes on June 25. "I've been hiding my rapidly growing bump while shooting but this kiddo is vying for screen time," says the actress, who plays special agent Kate Moretti. "We clearly have a future actor on our hands."
Says Gillies, "A lot of people are asking whether I'd prefer a boy or a girl. In truth, it doesn't matter to me -- I just can't wait to meet little Keanu Robocop."
In addition to prepping for the arrival of their firstborn, the stars are also gearing up for the May 15 premiere of Showtime's "Broken Kingdom." Directed and produced by Gillies (who appears in the film with Cook, Darren Le Gallo and Seymour Cassel), "Broken Kingdom" features two interwoven narratives told from the perspectives of a street girl, a writer, a day-care teacher and a university student. A documentary chronicling the making of the drama, "Kingdom Come," premieres the same night.
As if that weren't enough, Gillies has another reason to count his blessings. The CW recently ordered a full season of "The Vampire Diaries" spinoff, "The Originals," after airing its backdoor pilot episode Apr. 25. The 37-year-old will reprise his role as Elijah Mikaelson. Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin will also appear on the new series.
Kingdom Come premieres May 15 at 7:00 p.m. on Showtime; Broken Kingdom airs one hour later. The Vampire Diaries' fourth season finale airs Thursday, May 16, at 8:00 p.m. EST.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite