Rachel Bilson did 'all the drugs and alcohol' before rising to fame
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Russ Elliot/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: JAXN/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: FOX6 of 16
- Photo: LRC/ZOJ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Donato Sardella/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Leibson/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Actress Rachel Bilson avoided the pitfalls of fame in her early 20s because the Los Angeles native had already experimented with "all the drugs and alcohol" during her youth.
The "Jumper" star reveals she went through a rebellious period as a teenager and by the time she rose to prominence as a star of hit TV drama "The O.C." at the age of 22, she was no longer interested in partying.
She tells Health magazine, "I grew up in L.A. and did all that when I was younger. I went to the clubs and did all the drugs and alcohol.
"I got it out of my system, so by the time I was on 'The O.C.,' I was like, 'Wow, I can just enjoy this'."
Bilson also credits her three-year relationship with her former co-star Adam Brody with helping to keep her grounded during that time, adding, "It was more of a domesticated thing; you're just home or with friends - and not out to party."
Bilson and Brody split in 2006. She is currently dating actor Hayden Christensen, while Brody recently wed Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite