'Real Chance of Love' Star Ahmad 'Real' Givens Starts Chemotherapy for Stage-Four Colon Cancer
- Photo: Todd Williamson/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
"Real Chance of Love" star Ahmad "Real" Givens is taking the first steps toward fighting his stage-four colon cancer. A week after his diagnosis, the VH1 reality contestant has a treatment plan from his doctors at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.
"They let him go home this afternoon. He is supposed to start the chemo pill today," Givens' rep told Us on Friday, March 22.
As Us Weekly previously reported, Givens first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu. After multiple hospital visits, he was diagnosed last week with stage-four colon cancer. According to his rep, the disease has metastasized, or spread, into his liver and lungs.
"Real is in good spirits but a lot of pain," the rep told Us of the Stallionaires rapper, who competed on I Love New York before he and his brother Kamal "Chance" Givens were offered their own dating game show.
Because insurance only covers "about 40 percent" of the expected costs for Givens' treatment, his family has set up a website to raise money. Donations will go toward paying the star's hospital bills.
"Anybody that knows Real knows that he is a tough, strong, spiritual individual, and will fight this off," a message on the site says. "Real is trying to stay positive and make a full recovery. He appreciates all his friends, family, and fans for helping him get through in this time of need."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite