'Real Chance of Love' Star Ahmad 'Real' Givens Starts Chemotherapy for Stage-Four Colon Cancer
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle Ride
"Real Chance of Love" star Ahmad "Real" Givens is taking the first steps toward fighting his stage-four colon cancer. A week after his diagnosis, the VH1 reality contestant has a treatment plan from his doctors at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.
"They let him go home this afternoon. He is supposed to start the chemo pill today," Givens' rep told Us on Friday, March 22.
As Us Weekly previously reported, Givens first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu. After multiple hospital visits, he was diagnosed last week with stage-four colon cancer. According to his rep, the disease has metastasized, or spread, into his liver and lungs.
"Real is in good spirits but a lot of pain," the rep told Us of the Stallionaires rapper, who competed on I Love New York before he and his brother Kamal "Chance" Givens were offered their own dating game show.
Because insurance only covers "about 40 percent" of the expected costs for Givens' treatment, his family has set up a website to raise money. Donations will go toward paying the star's hospital bills.
"Anybody that knows Real knows that he is a tough, strong, spiritual individual, and will fight this off," a message on the site says. "Real is trying to stay positive and make a full recovery. He appreciates all his friends, family, and fans for helping him get through in this time of need."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHilton Bust-Up
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite