'Real Chance of Love' Star Ahmad 'Real' Givens Starts Chemotherapy for Stage-Four Colon Cancer
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Golden Globes and SAG Shutouts: 6 Actors That Shouldn't Give Up Hope YetMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:30:05 AM
- Country star Ray Price leaves hospital for hospiceMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:23:11 AM
- CBS's 'Survivor' Renewed for Two More EditionsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:08:54 AM
- 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Opens No. 1 in First Nine Foreign MarketsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:04:53 AM
- Joaquin Phoenix Breaks Up with Jimmy Fallon After Being a Jerk Backstage (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:29:33 AM
- Golden Globes and SAG Shutouts: 6 Actors That Shouldn't Give Up Hope Yet
"Real Chance of Love" star Ahmad "Real" Givens is taking the first steps toward fighting his stage-four colon cancer. A week after his diagnosis, the VH1 reality contestant has a treatment plan from his doctors at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.
"They let him go home this afternoon. He is supposed to start the chemo pill today," Givens' rep told Us on Friday, March 22.
As Us Weekly previously reported, Givens first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu. After multiple hospital visits, he was diagnosed last week with stage-four colon cancer. According to his rep, the disease has metastasized, or spread, into his liver and lungs.
"Real is in good spirits but a lot of pain," the rep told Us of the Stallionaires rapper, who competed on I Love New York before he and his brother Kamal "Chance" Givens were offered their own dating game show.
Because insurance only covers "about 40 percent" of the expected costs for Givens' treatment, his family has set up a website to raise money. Donations will go toward paying the star's hospital bills.
"Anybody that knows Real knows that he is a tough, strong, spiritual individual, and will fight this off," a message on the site says. "Real is trying to stay positive and make a full recovery. He appreciates all his friends, family, and fans for helping him get through in this time of need."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite