Rep: Brooke Mueller has Checked in to Rehab Facility
- Photo: © Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.1 of 8
- Photo: Aspen Police Department/.2 of 8
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: MS2/MPT/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Ryan Fu/RSA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP6 of 8
- Photo: JCalderon/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
Less than two weeks after her arrest in an Aspen, Co., Brooke Mueller has checked into rehab, her rep confirms.
Charlie Sheen's former wife was arrested in Aspen on Dec. 2 on suspicion of third-degree assault and felony cocaine possession following a scuffle at a local nightclub. She allegedly was carrying close to four grams of cocaine, according to reports.
"She has already arrived at the facility and, out of respect for her privacy, no further information will be released about her treatment," Mueller's rep, Steve Honig, told TMZ. "Brooke's goal is to maintain her sobriety and she believes this is the best option to reach that goal."
Just yesterday, Honig said that Mueller would be seeking a "different approach to deal with her addiction," by electing to receive outpatient care in her own home after many failed attempts to stay sober following stays at inpatient treatment centers. However, after additional reflection on the treatment plan, Mueller changed her mind.
"After further reflection and consideration, Brooke has decided to remove herself from the media spotlight and has entered a long-term in-patient treatment center where she can focus on her recovery without distraction," Honig added.
RELATED: Celeb Mug Shot Wall of Shame
The length of Mueller's commitment to her new program remains unclear. Most inpatient treatment centers offer resident programs that range from 30 days to 90 days while others offer extended care of up to one full year. Previous reports have cited sources close to Mueller who suggested that she needed a long-term care facility to deal with her addictions.
What is clear is that Mueller's sudden change in her sobriety plan will not affect the custody situation she has set up with Sheen for their twin sons, Bob and Max.
"Brooke will retain custody of the children, who will remain in their home and familiar surroundings and be under the care of their longtime nanny," Honig explained. "Charlie and Brooke's parents fully support her decision and everyone recognizes the importance of maintaining the children's normal routine."
Mueller is due in court on Dec. 19 in Aspen, Co.
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Beers With Bieber
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite