Rep: Brooke Mueller has Checked in to Rehab Facility
- Photo: © Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.1 of 8
- Photo: Aspen Police Department/.2 of 8
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: MS2/MPT/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Ryan Fu/RSA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: JCalderon/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
By Chris Gardner
Less than two weeks after her arrest in an Aspen, Co., Brooke Mueller has checked into rehab, her rep confirms.
Charlie Sheen's former wife was arrested in Aspen on Dec. 2 on suspicion of third-degree assault and felony cocaine possession following a scuffle at a local nightclub. She allegedly was carrying close to four grams of cocaine, according to reports.
"She has already arrived at the facility and, out of respect for her privacy, no further information will be released about her treatment," Mueller's rep, Steve Honig, told TMZ. "Brooke's goal is to maintain her sobriety and she believes this is the best option to reach that goal."
Just yesterday, Honig said that Mueller would be seeking a "different approach to deal with her addiction," by electing to receive outpatient care in her own home after many failed attempts to stay sober following stays at inpatient treatment centers. However, after additional reflection on the treatment plan, Mueller changed her mind.
"After further reflection and consideration, Brooke has decided to remove herself from the media spotlight and has entered a long-term in-patient treatment center where she can focus on her recovery without distraction," Honig added.
RELATED: Celeb Mug Shot Wall of Shame
The length of Mueller's commitment to her new program remains unclear. Most inpatient treatment centers offer resident programs that range from 30 days to 90 days while others offer extended care of up to one full year. Previous reports have cited sources close to Mueller who suggested that she needed a long-term care facility to deal with her addictions.
What is clear is that Mueller's sudden change in her sobriety plan will not affect the custody situation she has set up with Sheen for their twin sons, Bob and Max.
"Brooke will retain custody of the children, who will remain in their home and familiar surroundings and be under the care of their longtime nanny," Honig explained. "Charlie and Brooke's parents fully support her decision and everyone recognizes the importance of maintaining the children's normal routine."
Mueller is due in court on Dec. 19 in Aspen, Co.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite