Rep: 'Glee' star Cory Monteith heads to rehab
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: D.Chan/E.Traetto/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: PPNY/GSNY/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet6 of 20
- Photo: Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Scylla/CHARYBDIS/Fame Flynet8 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: GVK/NPG11 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage13 of 20
- Photo: FOX14 of 20
- Photo: FOX15 of 20
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet16 of 20
- Photo: WireImage17 of 20
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin18 of 20
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- REPORT: Christian Bale is Going to be a Dad AgainMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:12:00 PM
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.Com Re-Launching This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac' Reviews: Is Lars von Triers' Latest Sexy or Stupid?MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:15:00 PM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theft
NEW YORK (AP) — "Glee" star Cory Monteith is heading to rehab.
RELATED: Is Lindsay Lohan still drinking?
In a statement, Monteith's rep confirmed Sunday night that the actor has "voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction.
"He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
People first reported the news on its website.
This is not the 30-year-old's first time in rehab. He got treatment when he was 19, and previously has spoken about his addiction struggles, saying he had a serious problem and took just "anything and everything."
He told Parade in 2011 that he was "lucky to be alive."
Monteith stars as Finn Hudson on the Fox show. He dates his co-star Lea Michele. She told People that she loves and supports Monteith and is proud he's going to rehab.
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite