Rep: Melissa, Joe Gorga Don't Owe $2.25 Million Mortgage on $520,000 House
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Keshishian / London Ent./Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks6 of 8
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 9:16:17 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Season 4 Soars Over Last Season DebutMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:52 AM
- George Clooney Voices Support of Ukrainian Protestors, Boxing Champs Via Cell Phone (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:38:44 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Katie Couric Apologizes for HPV Segment Criticized as 'Anti-Vaccine'
Bad finances on display for Joe and Melissa Gorga? Fuhgeddaboutit!
On Thursday, a story in the Daily Mail claimed that the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple were in dire financial straits related to their summer home in Toms River, N.J. Although the couple are selling the 5,000-square-foot waterfront pad for $520,000, the British paper, citing documents from a local bank, claims that the reality couple now owe a whopping $2.25 million mortgage after refinancing the property.
"The Gorgas are not in financial trouble," the Gorgas' rep explains to Us Weekly exclusively. "The documents in question represent the construction loan that the Gorgas took to build their main home, which used their shore house as collateral. Once the Gorgas secured a permanent mortgage, which is a matter of public record, that construction loan was null and void. The bank is currently correcting the paperwork."
Regardless, Melissa and Joe -- their prickly relationship with his sister Teresa Giudice provides weekly drama on the Bravo smash -- are certainly busy on the real estate front lately. In addition to the Toms River home, the couple have placed their $3.8 million Montville Township, N.J., mansion on the market as well.
Hoping to bring their family, including kids Joey, 2, Gino, 4 and Antonia, 6, back to Franklin Lakes, N.J. when their main home sells, Melissa and Joe aren't ruling out a move to the West Coast so that "Rockstar" singer Melissa can work on her vocal career.
"It's definitely not a no," Melissa told Celebuzz, adding that the family would not make a permanent move, but rather remain bicoastal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite