Rep: Melissa, Joe Gorga Don't Owe $2.25 Million Mortgage on $520,000 House
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Keshishian / London Ent./Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks6 of 8
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' Movie
Bad finances on display for Joe and Melissa Gorga? Fuhgeddaboutit!
On Thursday, a story in the Daily Mail claimed that the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple were in dire financial straits related to their summer home in Toms River, N.J. Although the couple are selling the 5,000-square-foot waterfront pad for $520,000, the British paper, citing documents from a local bank, claims that the reality couple now owe a whopping $2.25 million mortgage after refinancing the property.
"The Gorgas are not in financial trouble," the Gorgas' rep explains to Us Weekly exclusively. "The documents in question represent the construction loan that the Gorgas took to build their main home, which used their shore house as collateral. Once the Gorgas secured a permanent mortgage, which is a matter of public record, that construction loan was null and void. The bank is currently correcting the paperwork."
Regardless, Melissa and Joe -- their prickly relationship with his sister Teresa Giudice provides weekly drama on the Bravo smash -- are certainly busy on the real estate front lately. In addition to the Toms River home, the couple have placed their $3.8 million Montville Township, N.J., mansion on the market as well.
Hoping to bring their family, including kids Joey, 2, Gino, 4 and Antonia, 6, back to Franklin Lakes, N.J. when their main home sells, Melissa and Joe aren't ruling out a move to the West Coast so that "Rockstar" singer Melissa can work on her vocal career.
"It's definitely not a no," Melissa told Celebuzz, adding that the family would not make a permanent move, but rather remain bicoastal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite