Rep: Melissa, Joe Gorga Don't Owe $2.25 Million Mortgage on $520,000 House
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Keshishian / London Ent./Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks6 of 8
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' Pilot
Bad finances on display for Joe and Melissa Gorga? Fuhgeddaboutit!
On Thursday, a story in the Daily Mail claimed that the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple were in dire financial straits related to their summer home in Toms River, N.J. Although the couple are selling the 5,000-square-foot waterfront pad for $520,000, the British paper, citing documents from a local bank, claims that the reality couple now owe a whopping $2.25 million mortgage after refinancing the property.
"The Gorgas are not in financial trouble," the Gorgas' rep explains to Us Weekly exclusively. "The documents in question represent the construction loan that the Gorgas took to build their main home, which used their shore house as collateral. Once the Gorgas secured a permanent mortgage, which is a matter of public record, that construction loan was null and void. The bank is currently correcting the paperwork."
Regardless, Melissa and Joe -- their prickly relationship with his sister Teresa Giudice provides weekly drama on the Bravo smash -- are certainly busy on the real estate front lately. In addition to the Toms River home, the couple have placed their $3.8 million Montville Township, N.J., mansion on the market as well.
Hoping to bring their family, including kids Joey, 2, Gino, 4 and Antonia, 6, back to Franklin Lakes, N.J. when their main home sells, Melissa and Joe aren't ruling out a move to the West Coast so that "Rockstar" singer Melissa can work on her vocal career.
"It's definitely not a no," Melissa told Celebuzz, adding that the family would not make a permanent move, but rather remain bicoastal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite