Rep: Melissa, Joe Gorga Don't Owe $2.25 Million Mortgage on $520,000 House
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Keshishian / London Ent./Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 8
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks6 of 8
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Bad finances on display for Joe and Melissa Gorga? Fuhgeddaboutit!
On Thursday, a story in the Daily Mail claimed that the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" couple were in dire financial straits related to their summer home in Toms River, N.J. Although the couple are selling the 5,000-square-foot waterfront pad for $520,000, the British paper, citing documents from a local bank, claims that the reality couple now owe a whopping $2.25 million mortgage after refinancing the property.
"The Gorgas are not in financial trouble," the Gorgas' rep explains to Us Weekly exclusively. "The documents in question represent the construction loan that the Gorgas took to build their main home, which used their shore house as collateral. Once the Gorgas secured a permanent mortgage, which is a matter of public record, that construction loan was null and void. The bank is currently correcting the paperwork."
Regardless, Melissa and Joe -- their prickly relationship with his sister Teresa Giudice provides weekly drama on the Bravo smash -- are certainly busy on the real estate front lately. In addition to the Toms River home, the couple have placed their $3.8 million Montville Township, N.J., mansion on the market as well.
Hoping to bring their family, including kids Joey, 2, Gino, 4 and Antonia, 6, back to Franklin Lakes, N.J. when their main home sells, Melissa and Joe aren't ruling out a move to the West Coast so that "Rockstar" singer Melissa can work on her vocal career.
"It's definitely not a no," Melissa told Celebuzz, adding that the family would not make a permanent move, but rather remain bicoastal.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite