- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: TwitPic/.3 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 10:53:06 AM
- Time Warner Cable Customers Face Blackouts in 14 Markets Over Retrans DisputeMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 10:02:09 AM
- Top stars square off for summer tour dollarsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:58:56 AM
- Scott Thorson: How Liberace Protected His 'Big Secret' in the Homophobic &aposMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:58:37 AM
- Banned Iranian director Rasoulof coming to CannesMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:26:05 AM
- 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87
By Kat Giantis
Was David Arquette's New Year's resolution to lay off the sauce? TMZ reports the actor, who recently admitted to Howard Stern that he had been "drinking a lot" since separating from wife Courteney Cox, checked into rehab over the holiday weekend.
RELATED: The year in hookups and breakups
"He is in there for drinking and depression, not hard drugs. Rehab was inevitable," a source tells People magazine, which confirmed the check-in with David's rep. "He can't handle all the changes in his life. All his inner demons came out."
TMZ says he decided to get help because it's "the right thing to do for his family." David, 39, who reportedly rang in 2011 at Beacher's Madhouse in Los Angeles, is dad to 6-year-old Coco with Cox.
"He's trying to win Courteney back, and he turned back to drinking again out of frustration," an insider explains to Us. "He is doing this to show her he means it and will do anything for her and Coco. He wants his family life back. It's been so hard on him."
He also revealed that he was drinking too much "because I'm heartbroken."
"Everybody's worried and concerned about me," he admitted. "When I drink, I become a maniac."
David recalled how he overindulged during a party at Adam Sandler's house and failed to recognize Tom Cruise.
"I was a little wasted," he explained. "Someone says 'Hi David!' and I said, 'Hi Sean!' Then I realized it was Tom Cruise ... Tom was cool about it ... I was so embarrassed. I was like 'I gotta get the [bleep] out of here.'"
But Arquette told Howard he was done with partying: "When you wake up and reality hits you, it's hard."
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite