Report: Spencer Pratt Arrested in Costa Rica
- Photo: Josephine Santos/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 6
- Photo: VT/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: James Breeden/ Jeff Steinberg/Pacific Coast News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After StandinMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Jack O'Connell Thriller '71' Acquired by Roadside Attractions, Black LabeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Extant Exclusive: Louis Gossett Jr. to Play Halle Berry's FatherMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- 'Believe' Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth VaderMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:18:00 PM
- 12 Years a Slave Screenwriter "Regrets" Not Thanking Director Amid FeudMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:17:00 PM
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After Standin
Could Spencer Pratt be headed to the slammer?
The former MTV reality star was arrested in Costa Rica Saturday for illegal possession of a firearm on his way back to the U.S., according to TMZ.com. The site reports Pratt, 27, was booked at a local jail and then released.
"Costa Rican jail smells like children's tears. And soup. Delicious soup," Pratt Twittered after the news broke Saturday afternoon. "If I knew the gov't was Team Jacob, I would've kept my mouth shut."
The reality star, who spent time in the Central American country with his ex, Heidi Montag, in 2009 as part of NBC's "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here," offered a bizarre statement to TMZ with additional details surrounding his arrest.
"As part of my spiritual cleansing I've spent the last week living alone in the jungle, reflecting on my past transgressions, and working to become a better person. I had to live off the land, and hunt to survive," Pratt is quoted as saying.
"As I departed the country this morning to continue my spiritual journey, I mistakenly brought my hunting weapons to the airport. It was an honest mistake, and they sent me on my way," he adds. "On an unrelated note, I'm not allowed in the country anymore -- but that's because of the chicken incident."
Pratt's arrest comes on the heels of a public apology made to wife Montag, who recently filed for divorce after a year of marriage.
In an email to the Associated Press, Pratt says his behavior in the wake of their alleged breakup -- including his threat to release a sex tape -- was "outrageous and infantile."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
From Crowd Ignite