Report: Teresa Giudice Allegedly Hid $250,000 in Bankruptcy Filing
- Photo: RD/Thomas/Retna Digital1 of 8
- Photo: Lakota/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Michelle Gray/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- 'One Tree Hill's' Robert Buckley Joins CW Pilot 'iZombie&apoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Paramount to Honor Oracle Co-Founder Larry Ellison at Gala Benefiting Cancer Research at USCMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Exclusive: The Blacklist Casts Tom's "Brother" MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Black Sails: Is Billy Dead?MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:28:00 PM
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-
"Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe are being accused of hiding $250,000 in assets when they first filed for bankruptcy in October 2009, Pop Eater reports.
In court documents filed Thursday, lawyer Roberta A. DeAngelis alleges that in addition to the $250,000 advance Giudice received for her cookbook, "Skinny Italian," the couple also failed to claim ownership of an online boutique called TG Fabulicious, as well as Joe's 1601 Maple Avenue Associates, LLC.
Giudice, who is currently facing $11 million in debt from failed real estate ventures, vented about her situation in a July blog post.
"If you've ever been unfortunate enough to be involved in a legal situation, you know it's a lot of back and forth between both sides. Right now, our bankruptcy trustee is trying to get an auction going, and our lawyer is objecting it," Giudice, 38, wrote. "Every day, there are new tactics used, stories circulated, and details 'leaked' to the press, but it's all part of the legal wrangling. All I can do is rise above it, keep my head high, and know that at the end of the day, I have my family, my health, and I'm in God's hands."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
From Crowd Ignite