Richie keeping wedding plans secret from father
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 9
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Fame Pictures6 of 9
- Photo: TwitPic/.7 of 9
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire Holt
Lionel Richie won't know about his daughter Nicole's wedding plans until the last minute because the socialite is convinced her famous father "can't keep a secret."
RELATED: The summer's best celeb weddings
The TV star-turned-fashion designer is engaged to Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, and the couple is rumored to be exchanging vows later this year.
But the veteran singer admits he is being kept in the dark about the nuptials, because he can't be trusted to keep the news quiet.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I honestly don't know (when the wedding will be). They won't tell me because they know I will tell everyone.
"I can't keep a secret."
RELATED: More Nicole pics
But Richie has already made his daughter promise not to ask him to sing at the ceremony: "I said to Nicole, 'You won't make me do anything cheesy like sing?'"
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite