Roast Is For Charlie Sheen's Own Good
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 25
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP2 of 25
- Photo: Macca / Splash News/Splash News3 of 25
- Photo: Macca/Splash News4 of 25
- Photo: Butch Dill/Invision/AP5 of 25
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 25
- Photo: WENN7 of 25
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP8 of 25
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: Splash News10 of 25
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 25
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage12 of 25
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP13 of 25
- Photo: JE1/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News15 of 25
- Photo: Ben Dome/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 25
- Photo: Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.18 of 25
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures19 of 25
- Photo: Shady/Splash News20 of 25
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 25
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Digital22 of 25
- Photo: Phil McCarten/Invision/AP23 of 25
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
By Caroine Bankoff
Comedy Central's upcoming Charlie Sheen roast is not just an opportunity for Seth MacFarlane to finally make use of all those zingers he's been hoarding since the official oversaturation of the Tiger Blood market this spring.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Can Anne Hathaway rule Hollywood?
It's so much more than that, says "roastmaster general," Jeff Ross: “These roasts are often therapeutic for a person. These are things he needs to hear. No one deserves to be roasted more than the warlock." (Ha, the warlock!) He added: "I see this as a comedy intervention."
Apparently, there's a "long list of people from Charlie’s past" interested in participating in the September 19 broadcast.
Just like an intervention — except probably with less emphasis on anguished concern for the guest-of-honor, and more on the exploitation of their horrible flaws.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the latest recap from 'Jersey Shore'
See also: a much higher likelihood that the thing will be followed by all the attendees getting wasted together, rather than helping to pack a bag full of sweaters for a challenging-but-ultimately-life-changing stay somewhere in Minnesota.
Really, unless Charlie has agreed to be in a documentary about addiction, then everyone should just be real. [EW]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Will the premiere of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' be pushed back?
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite