Roast Is For Charlie Sheen's Own Good
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 25
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP2 of 25
- Photo: Macca / Splash News/Splash News3 of 25
- Photo: Macca/Splash News4 of 25
- Photo: Butch Dill/Invision/AP5 of 25
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 25
- Photo: WENN7 of 25
- Photo: Carlos Osorio/Invision/AP8 of 25
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: Splash News10 of 25
- Photo: NBC/Promotional11 of 25
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage12 of 25
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP13 of 25
- Photo: JE1/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News15 of 25
- Photo: Ben Dome/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 25
- Photo: Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.18 of 25
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures19 of 25
- Photo: Shady/Splash News20 of 25
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 25
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Digital22 of 25
- Photo: Phil McCarten/Invision/AP23 of 25
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/GettyImages.com24 of 25
More Celeb News
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 5:49:00 AM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Katie Couric to Interview Michael Bloomberg for YahooMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:57:00 PM
- Lindsay Lohan Is a 'Prisoner' on OWN Series: 'It's My Last Shot&MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:24:00 PM
- Emerson College Opens L.A. Campus on Sunset Blvd. With Hollywood Gala (Photos)MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'
By Caroine Bankoff
Comedy Central's upcoming Charlie Sheen roast is not just an opportunity for Seth MacFarlane to finally make use of all those zingers he's been hoarding since the official oversaturation of the Tiger Blood market this spring.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Can Anne Hathaway rule Hollywood?
It's so much more than that, says "roastmaster general," Jeff Ross: “These roasts are often therapeutic for a person. These are things he needs to hear. No one deserves to be roasted more than the warlock." (Ha, the warlock!) He added: "I see this as a comedy intervention."
Apparently, there's a "long list of people from Charlie’s past" interested in participating in the September 19 broadcast.
Just like an intervention — except probably with less emphasis on anguished concern for the guest-of-honor, and more on the exploitation of their horrible flaws.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the latest recap from 'Jersey Shore'
See also: a much higher likelihood that the thing will be followed by all the attendees getting wasted together, rather than helping to pack a bag full of sweaters for a challenging-but-ultimately-life-changing stay somewhere in Minnesota.
Really, unless Charlie has agreed to be in a documentary about addiction, then everyone should just be real. [EW]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Will the premiere of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' be pushed back?
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite