Rob Lowe explains Peyton Manning tweet on 'Ellen'
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: .4 of 13
- Photo: .5 of 13
- Photo: Michael Conroy/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Rio 2' Soars to No. 1 at Foreign Box Office With $48 millionMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Discovery cancels 'Everest Jump Live' after deadly avalancheMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Even 'Captain America' Can't Stop 'Frozen' at Japan&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In JuneMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:57:00 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Spins $47 Million in Overseas Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:55:00 AM
- 'Rio 2' Soars to No. 1 at Foreign Box Office With $48 million
Rob Lowe, the ultimate NFL insider?
The "Parks and Recreation" star, 47, set the web ablaze on Wednesday with a series of tweets suggesting that football superstar Peyton Manning (of the Indianapolis Colts) was heading out to pasture.
"Hearing my fave, #18 Peyton Manning will not return to #NFL," Lowe wrote. "Wow. #Colts…My people are saying Manning will retire today. What do you hear? Colts fans, let's hope my info is wrong. Don't like being wrong, but this time ... I'm hoping."
The former 80's teen idol explained himself, well, not really, on a Thursday appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
"I'm a huge, huge Peyton Manning fan. ... And a huge, huge Colts fan. I tweet every week about sports. About, who they should fire. Who they should hire. I do, I'm like a regular guy who has his opinions and stuff," Lowe said.
"So I was tweeting that I heard this might be in the offing and then you learn the power of Twitter. That's a powerful, powerful medium."
When Ellen DeGeneres asked how Lowe obtained this information, he demurred. "I hope against hope, it's not true. ... Ellen, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."
Manning, 35, holds the record for most NFL MVP awards (four), led the Colts to Super Bowl victory in 2007. He sat out the 2011-2012 NFL season due to a serious neck injury.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite