Rob Lowe explains Peyton Manning tweet on 'Ellen'
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: .4 of 13
- Photo: .5 of 13
- Photo: Michael Conroy/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's CMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:00:00 PM
- OITNB's Jason Biggs and Laura Prepon Discuss the Pros and Cons of Playing Horrible PeopleMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:44:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' ReboMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
- Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost's Sonya Walger, Revolution's Zak OrthMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Who's Going to Die on Under the Dome?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:06:00 PM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's C
Rob Lowe, the ultimate NFL insider?
The "Parks and Recreation" star, 47, set the web ablaze on Wednesday with a series of tweets suggesting that football superstar Peyton Manning (of the Indianapolis Colts) was heading out to pasture.
"Hearing my fave, #18 Peyton Manning will not return to #NFL," Lowe wrote. "Wow. #Colts…My people are saying Manning will retire today. What do you hear? Colts fans, let's hope my info is wrong. Don't like being wrong, but this time ... I'm hoping."
The former 80's teen idol explained himself, well, not really, on a Thursday appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
"I'm a huge, huge Peyton Manning fan. ... And a huge, huge Colts fan. I tweet every week about sports. About, who they should fire. Who they should hire. I do, I'm like a regular guy who has his opinions and stuff," Lowe said.
"So I was tweeting that I heard this might be in the offing and then you learn the power of Twitter. That's a powerful, powerful medium."
When Ellen DeGeneres asked how Lowe obtained this information, he demurred. "I hope against hope, it's not true. ... Ellen, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."
Manning, 35, holds the record for most NFL MVP awards (four), led the Colts to Super Bowl victory in 2007. He sat out the 2011-2012 NFL season due to a serious neck injury.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite