Rob Lowe explains Peyton Manning tweet on 'Ellen'
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 13
- Photo: WENN3 of 13
- Photo: .4 of 13
- Photo: .5 of 13
- Photo: Michael Conroy/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Rob Lowe, the ultimate NFL insider?
The "Parks and Recreation" star, 47, set the web ablaze on Wednesday with a series of tweets suggesting that football superstar Peyton Manning (of the Indianapolis Colts) was heading out to pasture.
"Hearing my fave, #18 Peyton Manning will not return to #NFL," Lowe wrote. "Wow. #Colts…My people are saying Manning will retire today. What do you hear? Colts fans, let's hope my info is wrong. Don't like being wrong, but this time ... I'm hoping."
The former 80's teen idol explained himself, well, not really, on a Thursday appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
"I'm a huge, huge Peyton Manning fan. ... And a huge, huge Colts fan. I tweet every week about sports. About, who they should fire. Who they should hire. I do, I'm like a regular guy who has his opinions and stuff," Lowe said.
"So I was tweeting that I heard this might be in the offing and then you learn the power of Twitter. That's a powerful, powerful medium."
When Ellen DeGeneres asked how Lowe obtained this information, he demurred. "I hope against hope, it's not true. ... Ellen, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."
Manning, 35, holds the record for most NFL MVP awards (four), led the Colts to Super Bowl victory in 2007. He sat out the 2011-2012 NFL season due to a serious neck injury.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite