Robin Roberts Awake and Resting After Surgery
- Photo: ABC News/.1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Need for Speed' a thrilling stunt festMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:27:14 AM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fall
Robin Roberts is awake and resting following her bone marrow transplant surgery this morning, ET has learned.
A rep for the "Good Morning America" co-host confirmed that Roberts has even had "GMA" friends come to visit her post-surgery, but added that "it will be quite a while before she regains her strength."
Earlier today, Roberts, 51, posted an uplifting blog entry, emphasizing the importance of positive thinking during treatment.
"This journey is as much about the mind as it is the body," she said. "Your thoughts. Thoughts are so powerful. You've got to change the way you think in order to change the way you feel."
Roberts has been on medical leave from "GMA" since Aug. 30 in order to prepare for the transplant from her sister Sally. The surgery was necessary to combat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a rare blood disorder that she contracted after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite