Robin Roberts Awake and Resting After Surgery
- Photo: ABC News/.1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Robin Roberts is awake and resting following her bone marrow transplant surgery this morning, ET has learned.
A rep for the "Good Morning America" co-host confirmed that Roberts has even had "GMA" friends come to visit her post-surgery, but added that "it will be quite a while before she regains her strength."
Earlier today, Roberts, 51, posted an uplifting blog entry, emphasizing the importance of positive thinking during treatment.
"This journey is as much about the mind as it is the body," she said. "Your thoughts. Thoughts are so powerful. You've got to change the way you think in order to change the way you feel."
Roberts has been on medical leave from "GMA" since Aug. 30 in order to prepare for the transplant from her sister Sally. The surgery was necessary to combat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a rare blood disorder that she contracted after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite