Robin Roberts Awake and Resting After Surgery
- Photo: ABC News/.1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Robin Roberts is awake and resting following her bone marrow transplant surgery this morning, ET has learned.
A rep for the "Good Morning America" co-host confirmed that Roberts has even had "GMA" friends come to visit her post-surgery, but added that "it will be quite a while before she regains her strength."
Earlier today, Roberts, 51, posted an uplifting blog entry, emphasizing the importance of positive thinking during treatment.
"This journey is as much about the mind as it is the body," she said. "Your thoughts. Thoughts are so powerful. You've got to change the way you think in order to change the way you feel."
Roberts has been on medical leave from "GMA" since Aug. 30 in order to prepare for the transplant from her sister Sally. The surgery was necessary to combat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a rare blood disorder that she contracted after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite