Robin Roberts Awake and Resting After Surgery
- Photo: ABC News/.1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- ESPN Combining Grantland, Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight, ESPN Films Into One UnitMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:24:00 AM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90
Robin Roberts is awake and resting following her bone marrow transplant surgery this morning, ET has learned.
A rep for the "Good Morning America" co-host confirmed that Roberts has even had "GMA" friends come to visit her post-surgery, but added that "it will be quite a while before she regains her strength."
Earlier today, Roberts, 51, posted an uplifting blog entry, emphasizing the importance of positive thinking during treatment.
"This journey is as much about the mind as it is the body," she said. "Your thoughts. Thoughts are so powerful. You've got to change the way you think in order to change the way you feel."
Roberts has been on medical leave from "GMA" since Aug. 30 in order to prepare for the transplant from her sister Sally. The surgery was necessary to combat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a rare blood disorder that she contracted after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite