Robin Roberts Awake and Resting After Surgery
- Photo: ABC News/.1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Robin Roberts is awake and resting following her bone marrow transplant surgery this morning, ET has learned.
A rep for the "Good Morning America" co-host confirmed that Roberts has even had "GMA" friends come to visit her post-surgery, but added that "it will be quite a while before she regains her strength."
Earlier today, Roberts, 51, posted an uplifting blog entry, emphasizing the importance of positive thinking during treatment.
"This journey is as much about the mind as it is the body," she said. "Your thoughts. Thoughts are so powerful. You've got to change the way you think in order to change the way you feel."
Roberts has been on medical leave from "GMA" since Aug. 30 in order to prepare for the transplant from her sister Sally. The surgery was necessary to combat myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a rare blood disorder that she contracted after undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite