Robin Roberts: Doctors Are Very Pleased With My Progress
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.6 of 9
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Robin Roberts' recovery after undergoing bone marrow transplant surgery is going well.
The "Good Morning America" host, 51, posted her first post-surgery picture on Twitter on Thursday and wrote a new blog to update fans on her progress.
"Need a lil pick me up? Who you gonna call? Josh [Elliott] and Sam [Champion]!" Roberts tweeted with a photo of her posing between her two friends. "Feel much better now. Blessings." In the photo, Roberts smiles behind a giant sunflower balloon while wearing sweats, a hat and froggy slippers.
"I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are... GREAT!" Roberts wrote on her "GMA" blog Thursday. "My sister Sally-Ann's stem cells apparently feel right at home in my body -- an answer to so many prayers."
"My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving," she added. "I have had some extremely painful days and it's still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo."
And Roberts is also eager to continue her recovery in the comfort of her own home.
"I am hopeful that I MAY be well enough to continue my recovery at home next week and my sisters plan to come back to NYC for that milestone in my journey," she wrote. "I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes. And I return it to you tenfold. Light Love Power Presence. XO."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite