Robin Roberts: Doctors Are Very Pleased With My Progress
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.6 of 9
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- NBC Renews UndateableMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM
- Pamela Anderson wants Faeroes to stop whale driveMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:34:53 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 8:25 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:25:28 AM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- 'Undateable' Gets Second Season From NBCMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:18:00 PM
- NBC Renews Undateable
Robin Roberts' recovery after undergoing bone marrow transplant surgery is going well.
The "Good Morning America" host, 51, posted her first post-surgery picture on Twitter on Thursday and wrote a new blog to update fans on her progress.
"Need a lil pick me up? Who you gonna call? Josh [Elliott] and Sam [Champion]!" Roberts tweeted with a photo of her posing between her two friends. "Feel much better now. Blessings." In the photo, Roberts smiles behind a giant sunflower balloon while wearing sweats, a hat and froggy slippers.
"I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are... GREAT!" Roberts wrote on her "GMA" blog Thursday. "My sister Sally-Ann's stem cells apparently feel right at home in my body -- an answer to so many prayers."
"My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving," she added. "I have had some extremely painful days and it's still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo."
And Roberts is also eager to continue her recovery in the comfort of her own home.
"I am hopeful that I MAY be well enough to continue my recovery at home next week and my sisters plan to come back to NYC for that milestone in my journey," she wrote. "I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes. And I return it to you tenfold. Light Love Power Presence. XO."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDebuts Baby Bump!
From Crowd Ignite