Robin Roberts: Doctors Are Very Pleased With My Progress
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.6 of 9
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Robin Roberts' recovery after undergoing bone marrow transplant surgery is going well.
The "Good Morning America" host, 51, posted her first post-surgery picture on Twitter on Thursday and wrote a new blog to update fans on her progress.
"Need a lil pick me up? Who you gonna call? Josh [Elliott] and Sam [Champion]!" Roberts tweeted with a photo of her posing between her two friends. "Feel much better now. Blessings." In the photo, Roberts smiles behind a giant sunflower balloon while wearing sweats, a hat and froggy slippers.
"I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are... GREAT!" Roberts wrote on her "GMA" blog Thursday. "My sister Sally-Ann's stem cells apparently feel right at home in my body -- an answer to so many prayers."
"My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving," she added. "I have had some extremely painful days and it's still difficult for me to eat because of all the chemo."
And Roberts is also eager to continue her recovery in the comfort of her own home.
"I am hopeful that I MAY be well enough to continue my recovery at home next week and my sisters plan to come back to NYC for that milestone in my journey," she wrote. "I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes. And I return it to you tenfold. Light Love Power Presence. XO."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite