Robin Roberts gives update on her health
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: ABC News/.9 of 10
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Roberts was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, formerly known as "pre-leukemia," last year and took medical leave last fall to receive a bone marrow transplant.
Although she was able to make a return to "GMA" in February, the 52-year-old experienced a health setback when she took a recent vacation and was admitted to the hospital once again.
However, she confirms that she is now in much better health.
"Just got home from a good doctor's visit. The viruses I picked up on vacation (arggggh!) are well under control now. Quite common for this to happen post bone marrow transplant as my immune system continues to mature," the newscaster wrote on her Facebook page.
Roberts says that she has not only recovered from the health setback she sustained on vacation, but she is also feeling the best she has in quite some time.
"I feel better than I have in a long time! Going to follow doctor's orders and take the rest of the week off. Play time with my beloved Jack Russell, KJ!" said Roberts, who will be awarded with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at this year's ESPY Awards.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite