Robin Roberts gives update on her health
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: ABC News/.9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Roberts was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, formerly known as "pre-leukemia," last year and took medical leave last fall to receive a bone marrow transplant.
Although she was able to make a return to "GMA" in February, the 52-year-old experienced a health setback when she took a recent vacation and was admitted to the hospital once again.
However, she confirms that she is now in much better health.
"Just got home from a good doctor's visit. The viruses I picked up on vacation (arggggh!) are well under control now. Quite common for this to happen post bone marrow transplant as my immune system continues to mature," the newscaster wrote on her Facebook page.
Roberts says that she has not only recovered from the health setback she sustained on vacation, but she is also feeling the best she has in quite some time.
"I feel better than I have in a long time! Going to follow doctor's orders and take the rest of the week off. Play time with my beloved Jack Russell, KJ!" said Roberts, who will be awarded with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at this year's ESPY Awards.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite