Robin Roberts gives update on her health
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: ABC News/.9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Roberts was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, formerly known as "pre-leukemia," last year and took medical leave last fall to receive a bone marrow transplant.
Although she was able to make a return to "GMA" in February, the 52-year-old experienced a health setback when she took a recent vacation and was admitted to the hospital once again.
However, she confirms that she is now in much better health.
"Just got home from a good doctor's visit. The viruses I picked up on vacation (arggggh!) are well under control now. Quite common for this to happen post bone marrow transplant as my immune system continues to mature," the newscaster wrote on her Facebook page.
Roberts says that she has not only recovered from the health setback she sustained on vacation, but she is also feeling the best she has in quite some time.
"I feel better than I have in a long time! Going to follow doctor's orders and take the rest of the week off. Play time with my beloved Jack Russell, KJ!" said Roberts, who will be awarded with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at this year's ESPY Awards.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite