Robin Roberts gives update on her health
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: ABC News/.9 of 10
More Celeb News
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'TrailerMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:00:13 AM
- How a Song About Custer Morphed Into 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Globe Nominee &aposMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:34:26 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Interprets Fake Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:30:14 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'Trailer
Roberts was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, formerly known as "pre-leukemia," last year and took medical leave last fall to receive a bone marrow transplant.
Although she was able to make a return to "GMA" in February, the 52-year-old experienced a health setback when she took a recent vacation and was admitted to the hospital once again.
However, she confirms that she is now in much better health.
"Just got home from a good doctor's visit. The viruses I picked up on vacation (arggggh!) are well under control now. Quite common for this to happen post bone marrow transplant as my immune system continues to mature," the newscaster wrote on her Facebook page.
Roberts says that she has not only recovered from the health setback she sustained on vacation, but she is also feeling the best she has in quite some time.
"I feel better than I have in a long time! Going to follow doctor's orders and take the rest of the week off. Play time with my beloved Jack Russell, KJ!" said Roberts, who will be awarded with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at this year's ESPY Awards.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite