Robin Roberts Gives Update on Transplant
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 4
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:08:58 PM
- Carole King Hits D.C. for Gershwin Salute MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:03:12 PM
- Zac Efron Will Get Busted With Cocaine in Fox's 'Narc'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:00:27 PM
- Universal's 'Endless Love' Hitting Theaters on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:47:06 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive Producers
Robin Roberts revealed Tuesday that she'll undergo her bone marrow transplant this week and she assured fans that she's keeping her spirits up even though her body is weak.
The "Good Morning America" co-host wrote on her personal blog that the transplant -- during which she'll receive bone marrow from her sister Sally -- is scheduled for Thursday morning.
RELATED: Robin Roberts Departs 'GMA' for Medical Leave
"The start of last week went well but the daily chemo/treatment caught up to me by the weekend," she wrote. "My body is so weak but not my mind. YOU give me the courage to keep going."
RELATED: Robin Roberts' Mother Passes Away
Roberts said on Sunday she held a gathering at her apartment for "GMA family" members. "The next morning I walked through the hospital doors, with my guardian angels -- mom & dad -- back together and blazing a trail ahead of me." The newswoman's 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, passed away last month.
RELATED: Oprah to Fill in For Robin Roberts on 'GMA'
Roberts began a medical leave of absence from "Good Morning America" on Aug. 30 to prepare for the bone marrow transplant, which is intended to fend off the rare blood disorder Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) that she contracted during treatment for breast cancer.
The co-host's physician, Dr. Gail Roboz, is scheduled to appear on Thursday's "Good Morning America" to give an update on her condition.
MORE ON WONDERWALL
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite