Robin Roberts Gives Update on Transplant
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 4
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Robin Roberts revealed Tuesday that she'll undergo her bone marrow transplant this week and she assured fans that she's keeping her spirits up even though her body is weak.
The "Good Morning America" co-host wrote on her personal blog that the transplant -- during which she'll receive bone marrow from her sister Sally -- is scheduled for Thursday morning.
RELATED: Robin Roberts Departs 'GMA' for Medical Leave
"The start of last week went well but the daily chemo/treatment caught up to me by the weekend," she wrote. "My body is so weak but not my mind. YOU give me the courage to keep going."
RELATED: Robin Roberts' Mother Passes Away
Roberts said on Sunday she held a gathering at her apartment for "GMA family" members. "The next morning I walked through the hospital doors, with my guardian angels -- mom & dad -- back together and blazing a trail ahead of me." The newswoman's 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, passed away last month.
RELATED: Oprah to Fill in For Robin Roberts on 'GMA'
Roberts began a medical leave of absence from "Good Morning America" on Aug. 30 to prepare for the bone marrow transplant, which is intended to fend off the rare blood disorder Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) that she contracted during treatment for breast cancer.
The co-host's physician, Dr. Gail Roboz, is scheduled to appear on Thursday's "Good Morning America" to give an update on her condition.
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite